One of the fastest growing travel specialties is the "Girlfriend Getaway" and it is easy to understand why. After all the stresses of everyday life, there is nothing quite as enjoyable and relaxing as getting away from "reality" with those true friends who allow (and even encourage) you to totally be yourself without fear of judgement. Of course, the same goes for men, although they may not admit it as freely. A few days away with the "buddies" on the golf course can be more valuable than hours of therapy! Here are a few suggestions for creative escapes:
- A little Retail Therapy? Most women love to shop, so why not combine a weekend in the "big city" with great shopping, dining and entertainment options? New York City and Chicago come to mind first, but there are many amazing options out there that are centrally located and served by convenient airports.
- Why not check in to a Spa or Yoga retreat for a wellness weekend? A little pampering never hurt anyone, and you might even come home with some new healthy habits, and feel a couple of pounds lighter...both good things!
- "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas"...you know the old tagline! In addition to gambling, Las Vegas offers amazing dining, shopping and live entertainment...and most resorts have ridiculously gorgeous pools and spas! This destination works well for both genders...great for male-bonding getaways too!
- A few days spent wine tasting, or possibly signing up for a culinary boot-camp can be fantastic options for girlfriend getaways! Because wine and good food are ALWAYS a good idea!
- A sports-related trip works well for both girls and guys too! What about a fitness retreat for those who love to exercise? Or a golf weekend at an amazing resort with tee times daily? Or a scuba diving trip in the Caribbean? All it takes is a shared interest and some planning!
- All-Inclusive Resorts and Cruises are natural fits for this type of travel, where your biggest decision for the day might be whether to order champagne or a martini...or whether to sit by the pool or on the beach. Who wouldn't welcome some mental "down time"
So, think about YOUR ideal getaway....who do you need to spend some time with? Most of us have those folks in our lives who we are long-overdue for a meaningful visit. Why not let " Savored Moments Travel” help you plan that all-important trip soon...One of my favorite quotes is from Buddha:
"The Trouble is...you think you have time."